top of page
  • Lori Melnitsky

Do you have a child who stutters?

I get many calls each week about their child who started stuttering out of nowhere.   Many ask should I see a neurologist? The answer is no.  These are questions to ask  yourself..

Is there a history in the family?

Are they struggling?

Are they aware?

Are they blocking?

Always trust your gut. Pediatricians often say to wait. Although that might be the easy thing to do it is not always the right suggestion.  Doctors  are  often our first resource but stuttering is usually not something they learn about in school.  Sometimes a simple consult is helpful with a speech pathologist in stuttering helps relieve concern.  Remember to not interrupt and allow sufficient time to speak.

7 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

How to talk to someone with Parkinson’s…..

How to Communicate with Your Loved One Who Has Parkinson’s If you are caring for a loved one with Parkinson’s disease, you are probably familiar with two of the hallmark physical symptoms: tremors and


bottom of page