- Lori Melnitsky
How coaching successfully helps adults who have ADHD or suspect it?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is also known as ADHD. Oftten it affects your ability to pay attention, sit still and regulate your emotions. These are your executive functions and take time to develop.
Furthermore, adults with ADHD may experience problems with organizational skills, time management, social interaction and even communication.
ADHD can significantly impact an individual's life and is commonly associated with occupational instability, depression, anxiety, decreased quality of life and increased risk for substance misuse. Due to its complexity and individualized presentation, treatment for ADHD in adults typically involves a combination of medications, psychotherapy and self-management strategies.
ADHD Coaches help establish strategies that are important for managing adult ADHD. Strategies such as time management, organization, goal setting and prioritizing can be very beneficial in helping an individual stay focused and on task. We start with an assessment and on boarding session to determine goals and see if it is a good match for both of us.
Additionally, stress reduction techniques such as mindful meditation or yoga can be beneficial in reducing stress and helping an individual cope with their symptoms.
Overall, it is important to remember that adult ADHD requires a comprehensive and individualized approach to treatment.. With the right ADHD Coaching, individuals can learn to successfully manage their symptoms and achieve their goals.
Why Do I Need ADHD Coaching?
ADHD comes with many positive strengths. Coaching can help individuals learn how to successfully manage their ADHD and bring out their talents;
.Here are some benefits of adult ADHD coaching:
● Coaches can provide support, guidance and strategies specific to the individual's needs. Together we can find your super power.
● Coaches can help individuals develop coping skills and strategies for managing stress.
● Coaches can help individuals set and achieve goals.
● Coaches can help individuals build self-esteem and confidence.
● Coaches can provide a nonjudgmental environment for individuals to talk about their difficulties and concerns.
Ultimately, ADHD coaching is an important component of managing adult ADHD, as it helps individuals develop the skills and strategies necessary to successfully navigate life with this condition. With the right support and guidance, individuals can learn to better manage their symptoms and live a more fulfilling life.
We can help:
-Turn self -talk into positive talk
- Turn procrastination into do it now
- Turn dread into passion
- Turn late projects into on time
- Learn how to organize yourself to help your children
- Stop being frustrated and wake up calm
-Keep you accountable with support
-Encourage without judgement
- Turn weaknesses into strength
-Start believing in yourself
For more information please contact Lori@allislandspeech.com