Lori Melnitsky, MA CCC-SLP is the director of All Island Speech, Language and Stuttering. She holds the Certificate of Communicative Competence from ASHA and is licensed in the State of New York. She overcame a severe stuttering disorder to help others communicate and achieve their fullest potential in life . Lori has experience with Orton Gillingham and has received extensive training in the field of dyslexia.
Lori Melnitsky, MA CCC-SLP has been a speech/language pathologist for over 20 years. She stuttered severely as a child and could not participate in class, call friends on the phone or say her name. As a result, she developed her own program to prevent relapse and encourage success. Lori also has successfully treated hundreds of children with Lidcombe, fluency, apraxia, oral motor and PROMPT Certified therapy. She also has over 20 years experience with providing early intervention and CPSE services in Nassau County helping countless toddlers learn to talk. In addition, Lori is involved with helping children with dyslexia and reading issues to learn to read, spell, write and process information. She is trained in Orton Gillingham and the Barton Reading and Spelling Intervention Program. We provide individually what the educational system is unable to do.
Many years ago Lori became Certified in the Lidcombe program to help children to attempt to stop stuttering. She has successfully provided the Lidcombe program for many children both locally and from a distance with tremendous success. Lori believes in improving fluency and decreasing fears while speaking. Lidcombe is one of the only successful researched based programs and our center has seen a multitude of children eliminate or decrease stuttering significantly. Lori also lives with her husband, two beautiful daughters and dog, Parker.
Honors, Awards and Speaking Engagements:
- Town of Oyster Bay Distingushed Service Award for Women in Healthcare.
- Fortune 52 Distinguished Woman’s Award
- Multiple Continuing Education Awards from ASHA
- Interviewed by Newsday
- Invited to premier of King’s Speech in NYC
- Speaker at Hofstra University Orientation and speech/language courses
- Interviewed by Hofstra Radio
- Speaker at Long Island Speech and Hearing Association (LISHA)
- Speaker at National Stuttering Association
- Speaker at LIPAC on stuttering and ADHD
- Speaker Dyslexia Awareness Night-libraries, Parent Septas, community centers