Lori Melnitsky, MA CCC-SLP has been an ASHA board certified and NYS licensed speech/language pathologist for over 20 years. She stuttered severely as a child and could not participate in class, call friends on the phone or say her name. As a result, she developed her own program to prevent relapse and encourage success. Lori also has family members who have dyslexia and developed a passion for this as well. She also has over 20 years experience with providing private speech therapy, school based therapy, early intervention and CPSE services in Nassau County helping countless toddlers learn to talk.
Continuing education and Certifications:
-Lidcombe Stuttering Certified provider
-Barton Reading and Spelling Program
-Beckman Oral Motor Trained
-MPI Stuttering Certified
- Town of Oyster Bay Distingushed Service Award for Women in Healthcare.
- Fortune 52 Distinguished Woman’s Award
- Multiple Continuing Education Awards from ASHA
- Interviewed by Newsday
- Speaker at Long Island Speech and Hearing Association (LISHA)
- Speaker at National Stuttering Association
- Speaker at LIPAC on stuttering and ADHD
- Founder Dyslexia Parent Support Group