- PROMPT CERTIFIED (PROMPTS for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonemic Targets)
- Beckman Oral Motor Certified
- Distorted “r’ and frontal and lateral lisps/tongue thrust therapy
- Apraxia/delayed speech/articulation
- CPSE accepted/Blue Cross Blue Shield/Private
Stuttering and Fluency Disorders:
- PRESCHOOL TO AGE 7-LIDCOMBE Program for Early Childhood Stuttering Intervention-meet in office once weekly. Parents learn how to work with their child at home. This is a highly successful program where parents work closely with their child. It is taught in a fun way to improve fluency and self confidence.
- SCHOOL AGE ages 7 to 16 – RUN WITH FLUENCY Program-Meet twice weekly for 12 weeks to improve fluency and confidence while speaking. Teens can often be seen via skype. Parents are recommended to part of the process. Discounts available if paid in advance.
- TEENS/ADULTS-Meet weekly, intensively or as needed to shape speech into fluency. Working on vocal fold vibration, easy onsets, amplitude contour, stretched syllables, full breath targets.
- PARENTS-Meet 2 to 3 times per year to learn about stuttering and meet other parents for support.
- FLUENCY STARS GROUPS-Meet several times a year for support and to practice fluency skills, classroom presentations, role playing situations, telephone practice.
- WHY INTENSIVES FOR TEENS AND ADULTS? BECAUSE INTENSIVE PRACTICE IS REQUIRED TO RE LEARN HOW TO SPEAK FLUENTLY. IT TAKES PRACTICE OF RELEARNING BREATHING STRATEGIES, CONNECTING SPEECH AND USING THESE TOOLS IN CONVERSATIONAL SPEECH. EVEN IF ONE TAKES AN INTENSIVE COURSE, FOLLOW UP IS NEEDED.
- *****CPSE ACCEPTED/BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD/PRIVATE PAY